We have made a number of changes to the category list for the 2019 awards in response to feedback we have received.
This year, we have removed the Employee Benefits Consultancy of the Year and the Retirement Income Provider of the Year due to low numbers of entrants last year.
However we have also added a number of categories to this year's award.
We have added a Pensions Litigation Firm of the Year to specifically recognise those who work in pensions litigation and dispute resolution, and an Institutional Investment Platform Provider of the Year to recognise the firms providing institutional asset management platforms and exchanges for DB and DC schemes.
The full list of categories for the 2019 awards is:
- Actuarial/Pensions Consultancy of the Year
- DC Consultancy of the Year
- Investment Consultancy of the Year
- Pension Lawyers of the Year
This category looks to recognise the best pension law firms in the UK. Entries should focus on the whole breadth of a firm's offering, including non-contentious, contentious and advisory work as appropriate in their submission.
Firms with a strong litigation offering are also encouraged to enter the Pensions Litigation Firm of the Year award below as well.
- Pensions Litigation Firm of the Year ***NEW FOR 2019***
This category looks to recognise those who work in pensions litigation and dispute resolution - looking to reward the firms that have conducted both high profile pensions cases in the trustee, corporate and public sector arenas but also those who can resolve such disputes behind ‘closed doors' at an early stage.
- Risk Reduction Adviser of the Year
- DC Pension Provider of the Year
- DC Investment Manager of the Year
- DC Multi-Asset Fund Manager of the Year
- DC Master Trust of the Year
- DC Innovation of the Year
The DC Innovation of the Year category is a wide-ranging category that rewards the firm that has innovated most in the DC space in the 12 months to 31 October 2018. This could include the launch of new DC offerings, new consulting services, investment innovation, technology solutions and services, communication, guidance and advice offerings etc. Judges will look at the extent to which your firm has developed new services, products and offerings for clients and the extent to which these innovations helped pension schemes, sponsors, trustees and scheme members.
- DC Investment Innovation of the Year
The DC Investment Innovation of the Year category is a category that specifically focusses on DC investment innovation in the 12 months to 31 October 2018. Areas this category will cover include the launch of new investment funds for DC pension schemes such as multi-asset funds, funds that are designed to be used in the run-up to retirement or for those who remain invested and decide to use some form of drawdown.
Judges will look at the extent these new funds have helped pension schemes, sponsors, trustees and scheme members and solved particular challenges they are facing and will also look at the quality of communication and transparency of the fund.
- Investment Manager of the Year
- Fiduciary Manager of the Year
- Institutional Investment Platform Provider of the Year ***NEW FOR 2019***
- Equity Manager of the Year
- Fixed Income Manager of the Year
- Factor Investing Manager of the Year
- DB Multi-Asset Manager of the Year
- Emerging Markets Manager of the Year
- Property Manager of the Year
- Alternative Investment Manager of the Year
The wide-ranging Alternative Investment Manager of the Year category will rewards the asset management firm that has excelled most in the alternatives space over the 12 months to 31 October 2018.
Areas this category will cover will include hedge funds, private equity and infrastructure as well as private debt. It will also include more specialist alternatives such as agriculture and timber. Please note, however, the category is not limited to these specific areas and other alternatives will be considered in this category also.
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Manager of the Year
The Environmental Social and Governance Manager of the Year category aims to reward excellence among those managers who offer specific ESG-focussed funds and strategies over the 12 months to 31 October 2018. We also welcome entries from those firms who have best integrated ESG across their broader product range and also from those managers focussing on strategies such as impact investing.
- Liability-Driven Investment (LDI) Manager of the Year
- Cashflow-driven Investment (CDI) Manager of the Year
- Risk Reduction Provider of the Year
- DB Investment Innovation of the Year
- Fixed Income Innovation of the Year
- Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Award
This category is open to the providers, advisers and asset managers that provide services to occupational pension schemes and trustees. It aims to reward those firms that best promote diversity and inclusion within their own workforce as well as those who have contributed to industry-wide initiatives in this area. Judges will, in particular, look at initiatives launched and conducted during the year to 31st October 2018.
- Independent Trustee of the Year
- Third-Party Administrator of the Year
- Technology Innovationof the Year
- Pensions Communication Initiaive of the Year
- Educational and Thought Leadership of the Year
The Educational and Thought Leadership Initiative of the Year category specifically aims to reward the consultancy or provider which has worked hardest to help trustees and employers understand the complex world of pensions and investments and those that have broken new ground in terms of pensions knowledge and understanding - either developing new ideas to help solve the issues pension schemes and trustees or challenging current orthodoxies over the 12 months to 31 October 2018. Judges will look at the extent to which consultant and provider initiatives have helped trustees understand complex topics, make better decisions or look at things in a new way. Initiatives may include such things as thought leadership, articles, whitepapers, seminars, conferences, videos etc
- Sponsor Covenant Provider of the Year
- Retirement Innovation of the Year